In our hotel we always have something to do. Our facilities are prepared to host very diverse events or, they are the starting point of many others. From hiking, to painting workshops, spiritual retreats, wine tastings, flamenco shows or live concerts … The truth is that we do not stop and there are many interested people who accompany us in each activity. However, this year we want to reach more people and that is why we want to tell you in advance everything we are preparing for the coming months. This will make it easier for you to organize and enjoy everything we have prepared. Are you ready for a 2019 full of different activities in Malaga?
TREKKING in the Mountains of Malaga (Sierra Tejeda, Almijara and Alhama)
- From Ireland. Brian and Gerry are two great people who represent the company Croagh Patrick Walking Holidays. With their Irish spirit we are sure that they will make you pass as a fable while you discover the beauty of nature that surrounds us in the mountains of Malaga. Your goal is to accompany you every day in the different routes that are planned at the same time you enjoy and discover our land. But its activity is not limited to hiking. In their offer they include dinner in our hotel the first and the last day of stay and the rest of the days include dinners in the different restaurants of the town. In addition, all departures include a picnic to take on the mountain. How about?
- From the United Kingdom. In our hotel we want to always offer you the best, that’s why we worked with the Ramblers Walking Holidays for almost 20 years. And after two decades, we must recognize that they continue to work just as well as the first day. But surely you’re wondering what they do. As well. Ramblers Holiday has guides who, with our collaboration, organize visits to the surrounding villages, planning lunches in the places that are visited and ending the day with a good dinner in our cozy hotel lounge. Also, they include in their program a night of Wine Pairing with a Somellier and they visit us for Christmas and New Year’s Eve to say goodbye to the year in our Hotel!
- From Holland. We work personally with Joost, of the company Walking Tours in Spain. With them, you can choose to make trails with a private guide or on your own, guided by a book of trails in the area. They usually dine the first night and the last night in our restaurant and the rest of the nights, they taste the local gastronomy of the different restaurants of Cómpeta. With Joost the language is not a problem since it offers the possibility of carrying out activities in Spanish, English or Dutch.
- Hiking Festival September 25th-29th, 2019. It is held every year between the end of September and the first of October. On this occasion, the company Walking Tours in Spain and Spanjeanders are in charge of its organization and one of the main lodgings in which the participants lodge is in our Balcón de Cómpeta Hotel. The atmosphere that is breathed is fantastic those days! The festival is held for four days but do not think it is only for advanced hikers. The organizers have thought of everyone and always propose different levels of intensity. In 2018 the price per person was € 20. As a note, tell you that the last day of hiking usually held a buffet in the Pool Bar of our hotel where people and animals are rewarded who have completed the 4 days of routes. If you want to participate or learn more details, do not hesitate to write to: email@example.com.
PAINTING in Competa and surrounding (Malaga)
– Art Retreats. Every year, artist Pauline Agnew organizes Art Retreats at our hotel. There is no doubt that this art lover inspires all of her students and encourages them to create drawings and paintings in different styles. If you are interested, the next course is scheduled for the month of May, in the spring!.
– Holidays Painting. Christine Russell an artist from Gloucestershire (United Kingdom) devoted to private teaching in her English studio at the same time as she combines her classes around the world. Interesting truth? As well. If you want to learn from it, you just have to ask us for information as you usually take advantage of your holidays in Malaga to teach in our town. Take a holiday in Competa where you can spend your days painting and improving techniques, both in the village and beautiful surrounding countryside
SPIRITUAL RETREAT in Competa in the Province of Malaga
This year for the first time we are preparing together with Inmaculada Zamorano, a spiritual retreat where we will learn to meditate, to practice Chickung, to become aware of how and what we eat … One weekend in March in which to dedicate time to find you well. For more information, visit this page of our blog: Retiro espiritual en Málaga- Marzo 2019.
PLAY FOOTBALL at the foot of the Malaga mountain
Thanks to a new local initiative, more and more we received the visit of football teams from northern European countries that decide to come to play or train in southern Spain. And more specifically, on the Costa del Sol. Some of them are making use of our soccer field, located in the upper part of town. This is due to the fact that the City Council of Cómpeta cedes “free of charge” its use to all those teams that use the services and lodgings of the town during their stay. From here we want to praise this initiative that is being widely accepted among the different teams that visit us.
At the moment we can not tell you much about this new event that we are preparing for 2019. But soon we will publish more about it in this blog. Attentive!
Well, what do you think? There is where to choose, right? But if you still have left wanting more, here are other recommendations. We hope you like: Horseback Riding, 4×4 routes through the mountains, Canyoning, Therapeutic Massages, Rent and Bike Routes in the area, visit local wine cellars (Bodegas Almijara, Bodegas Bentomiz)